Time-saving Superfood Smoothie Trick
Write a review
- SEED & SPICE MIXTURE: 1 tbsp/serving each ground flax, chia, & hemp seeds
- 1 tsp/serving turmeric &/or spirulina
- BERRIES: 1 cup frozen organic blueberries/raspberries (PC Organics carries a club pack of frozen Powerfruit: a delicious combination of cherries, blueberries & blackberries)
- GREENS: 1/2 cup spinach/kale/arugula
- HEALTHY FAT: 1/4 avocado/1 tbsp coconut manna (aka coconut butter)/nut butter
- ALTERNATE MILK: 1 cup almond/cashew/Brazil nut/oat/hemp/rice milk (check out my blog recipe to make your own - it is way easier than you think!)
- Other superfood options to add in to your premix if you like: maca, matcha, amla, raw cacao, or acai powder
- Premix and store in a mason jar in the fridge seed & spice mixture. If you'll be having 7 smoothies in a week, premix 7 tbsp each seed, & 7 tsp turmeric/spirulina.
- Depending on the combination of premix ingredients you're using, add about 4 tbsp of your premix along with your alternate milk, berries, greens, and fat to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a mason jar to consume right away, or throw in a whisk ball to prevent thickening as you sip throughout the day.
Elly Jenkyns http://ellyjenkyns-nd.com/